King crab or stone crab is a shellfish with extremely long legs. Normally, king crabs are cooked after they are caught, and then frozen to preserve their freshness. The white tended meat inside the king crab legs is only cooked for few minutes and then served with butter. King crab legs can be cooked in 4 different ways including steaming, boiling, grilling, and baking.
Steaming King Crab Legs
1. If you have large batch of king crab legs to defrost, place them inside the refrigerator overnight.
2. Fill a large pot with water, place the lid, and then set it to full boil. You need to have a steamer inset and a cover in cooking king crab legs in this method.
3. Beer steams your crab legs by pouring 1 part of bear into 1 part of water in a steamer. You can also add flavor to your crab legs by cutting lemon into thin slices and then place them into the boiling water.
4. Cut two cloves of garlic and then place them into the water.
5. When the water reaches a full boil, place the steamer basket inside the pot.
6. Cut king crab legs at joint using shears, and them place them at the steamer basket.
7. Cover the steamer and leave it for 5 minutes, and then serve with melted butter.
Boiling King Crab Legs
1. Fill a large pan or pot with water. Set the water to full boil on the stove stop with the lid on.
2. When water is at full boil, reduce the heat to simmer. Add add the king crab legs into the pot and then cover.
3. Boil your crab for 5-7 minutes and then remove it. Serve the crab with lemon wedges or butter.
Grilling King Crab Legs
1. Preheat the grill on low while you are cutting the king crab legs at joints to fit on the grill. Make sure that the heat is not more than 325 degrees.
2. Brush the crab legs with oil, and then set them on the grill. Close the cover of the grill and leave them for five minutes.
3. After five minutes, flip over the crab legs and then wait for another five minutes.
4. Serve the crab legs while still hot with lemon wedges and/or butter.
Baking King Crab Legs
1. Preheat the oven. Make sure that the heat does not exceed 350 degrees.
2. Get a large preheated cooking sheet, and then wrap it with aluminum foil.
3. Cut the crab legs at joints to fit in the oven, and place them on the line in line baking position.
4. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water on the cooking sheet. The water will keep the crab legs from getting rubbery or dry.
5. Sprinkle the crab legs surface with garlic, and squeeze lemons over them. Make sure to keep extra lemon on a separate container.
6. Cover the crab with a layer of foil, and then seal tightly before placing in the oven.
7. Cook for ten minutes and then serve while hot.
Remember that prepackaged crab legs in commercial stores are already cooked, and you only need to preheat them, so it’s pretty easy to cook them.