Swai fish is a framed river cat fish, which is native to South Asia. Swai fish is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Also, Swai is low in cholesterol and saturated fats. Although Swai is similar to American catfish, they are light, flaky, and sweet. Often compared to sole and mild cod, Swai can be used in many recipes with basic fish as the main ingredient. The most common methods of preparing Swai fish are grilling and pan frying.
Grilling Swai Fish
• Marinate Swai fille and let the fillers absorb the seasonings for about 30 minutes. This step is not required in any Swai fish recipe that you may find, but doing this can provide your fish with extra flavor. Marinade the fillets with the mixture of olive oil, pepper, salt, lemon juice, fresh herbs, and other seasonings of your choice.
• Preheat the grill while you let the marinated fillets absorb the seasonings. Set your grill to high for about 10 minutes, with its lid intact.
• Brush the grill’s grates with a grill brush to ensure that it’s clean or free from any debris. Spray the grates with a non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil to prevent the fillets from sticking. Once the grill is already preheated, bring down the temperature to low and then place the fillets on the grill.
• Keep the grill’s lid open while grilling the fillets. Grill the fish for about 3 minutes, and then flip to grill the other side. The fish is ready to it if the fillets become while, flaky, and opaque.
• Remove the fillets from the grill using a metal thong, and then serve while still hot. Garnish them with lemon wedges or lime, for better taste.
Pan Fired Swai Fish
• Rinse the Swai fish filletsm, and then pat completely dry using a paper towel.
• While rinsing the fish, get a large frying pan. Set it on your stove stop and preheat for about 5 minute. After preheating the pan, heat up olive oil, and then add margarine. Set the burner to medium heat, until the margarine completely melts.
• When the margarine melts, add red wine vinegar on the pan and stir lightly. After the red wine vinegar is thoroughly mixed, sprinkle the pan with garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
• Drop the Swai fish fillets on the pan, and continue cookie over medium heat. After the few minutes, sprinkle each fillet with lemon pepper.
• After several minutes, flip over the fillets and then sprinkle the other side with your seasoning. Continue cooking for few minutes or until the fillets flesh are opaque.
It’s essential not to overcook swai fish as their omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients and minerals may be lost due to heat. To prepare Swai fish you need to find a recipe that will fit to your desired cooking method. Also, cooking swai fish is important as eating raw fish can make you ill by causing diarrhea for few days.