Tilapia fillets have a mild flavor and firm texture, which make them ideal for cooking in variety methods. Tilapia fillets can be cooked by broiling, baking, braising, and pan fried methods. These cooking methods allow tilapia to absorb the robust flavor of spices, creamy sauces, seasonings, and marinades. Plus, tilapia filler contains low calories and low fat.
Baking Tilapia Fillets
1. Preheat your oven while you are preparing the baking sheet. The oven temperature should not exceed 375 degrees to prevent the tilapia fillet from getting burned.
2. Rinse the fillets by running them with cold water in the sink. Dry the fillets with paper towels. Rinsing the fillets is easy, but it is quite difficult to dry them if they are frozen. If they are still frozen, thaw them the day before you prepare them or early in the morning.
3. While thawing the fillers, prepare your seasoning. Mix melted butter and lemon juice in a small container and stir until the mixture appears smoothly combined.
4. Place the dried fillets in the baking sheet. Place them in a single layer with space between them.
5. Add the seasoning. Pour the lemon and butter mixture over them, spread evenly. If desired, you can sprinkle the fillets with black pepper.
6. Place the seasoned tilapia in the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes, and then serve it while still warm.
Broiling Tilapia Fillets
Broiling tilapia fillets is another easy method to prepare them. To broil the fillets, follow these steps.
1. Preheat your broiler, while you are coating the broiler pan with a cooking spray or oil. The broiler must be preheated for about ten minutes to ensure that the fillets will not stick on it. If your broiler has low/high setting, preheat it to high. Since tilapia filets do not produce high amount of melted fats, preheating the cooking pan for ten minutes and applying a non-stick cooking spray on the broiler pan will prevent them from sticking on the pan.
2. While preheating the broiler pan, rinse the tilapia fillets. Thaw them if they are frozen or remove the sticky coating if they are fresh. Run them under cold water from the sink for few minutes, and the pat completely dry.
3. While allowing the fillets to completely, mix the butter, black pepper, and lemon juice altogether in a small container.
4. Transfer the fillets into the broiler pan in a single layer, and then coat them with the seasoning.
5. Broil the fillers for about 5-6 minutes. Make sure to flip the fillets to ensure that both sides are thoroughly cooked.
6. Serve the fillet while still warm.
The method that you will use in cooking tilapia fillets will depend upon the recipe that you choose to prepare. Some pre-packed tilapia fillers in supermarkets and department stores have recipes that you can use to cook the fillets. If you wish to try out other dishes, you can search the internet for different tilapia fillets recipes. Nevertheless, the most common methods of preparing tilapia fillets are baking and broiling.